We just returned from the beautiful Seaside, Florida where us and a few friends (26 to be exact from our area) ran in the half-marathon. I don't have pictures from the race yet, but when I get them, I'll post them. It was much warmer - @80 degrees, than we were used to (40's). My running partner never left me~ what a precious friend Christy Burchfield is in my life! Total God sent!! I began telling her at mile 7 that I felt nauseated, but we kept on truckn' it with around a 9 min. and under pace. Then at mile 10, my knees buckled and I felt faint, but was determined NOT to quit! I began praying - big time. The heat was knocking me off my feet! At mile 11-12, I knew if my legs stopped moving I would pass out and hit the concrete, the thoughts of my children kept coming to my mind and I thought I have to get to the finish line!! I began praying that God would get me there...preferably safely! So I get about 200 yards from the finish line, (which I don't remember the last mile or so - pretty much a blur) and Leah Cox, from here, sees me and says "STacy's in trouble!" SHe said I was pale and looked disoriented. She and another guy from Pinelake ran out to grab me and help me over the finish line. Needless to say, I collapsed right over the finish line as my chip beeped! I was rushed to the Medical Tent....made a huge scene....but recovered and made it through!! Wow, what a trip that was! We did our best time so far in little over 2 hours.
God is so faithful and here below are some pics from the weekend and the cute little house where we stayed (for free) and riding bikes all over Seaside.
"What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger!" ~or so they say!!!!
6 comments:
Wow, what a story! I'm glad you're ok. So comforting to have God watching over you through good friends.
Don't scare me like that! I'm so glad you are all right. Proud of you too! Sounds like a fun weekend!
You are awesome STac! I don't know how you finished that race?? I'm so proud of you but you scared me to death!!! No more medical tents...
WOW! That is so scary. Running distance in that heat gets me too....finished my second marathon puking....GROSS!
But we go back for more!
You rock!!!!!!
girl! i still can't believe it!
You crazy girl! I am proud of you for pushing through, but I could shake you for pushing through! Sound like a mama or what!? I am glad that you are OK, take good care of yourself, OK!!!!
Post a Comment